Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fairytale Life

With Valentine's Day right around the corner I have love on the brain...I can't believe that I have known my husband for over 6 years now!  I never would have guessed that I would meet, fall in love with, and become engaged to the man of my dreams in 4 months time, then married a year later.  But I did!  And now here I am, even more in love with him today than I have ever been.  Because of him I have the most amazing little girl a woman could ask for, we are about to own our first home together, and we are the "parents" of the two cutest and best behaved puppies ever! 

I never thought that I would end up where I am right now, I dreamed of becoming an amazing teacher to classroom after classroom of first-graders, with me as their favorite teacher that they would remember for years to come and eventually want to model their lives after.  I dreamed of marrying a rich man that would give me everything I want and then some.  I dreamed of a man that bought me flowers all the time and wrote me love poems.  I dreamed of a fairytale life with a fairytale man.  Instead what I got is a life-long teaching job to the most wonderful little girl whom I will shape and mold, I married a man rich with family instincts that gives me everything that I need emotionally and physically that buys me groceries, a man that writes a legacy on my daughter's heart forever.  The more I think about the life I have been given, the more my dreams of the past seem like a nightmare because they didn't include this wonderful man I have, I am living my fairytale life with a fairytale man!

No comments:

Post a Comment